Here We Are...

I'm not sure if I should start this first post with the reference to rock singer Peter Frampton, of "Shannyn Comes Alive", or quote the old song by country artist, Alabama, "Here We Are". That song says...

"Here we are
 Once again
 Stronger now than we've ever been"

Maybe I just started it with both. Because duality.

I will often to refer to Shannyn as if in the third person because, once again, duality. The trick is to bring both parts of the "duo" together and achieve the complete picture. Of me. In so doing, I sincerely am striving to not only deal with my own situation, but put myself out there a bit in case someone else gets something out of reading about me.

One more music reference, and I'll stop that for now: the Times May Be A-Changing, or they might not. I sure am changing. It's exciting and scary and frustrating and excruciating and a bunch of other adjectives.

Now I have a place to express any and all thoughts. Short form, long form. There sure is a lot we can achieve if we believe in ourselves. I'm beginning to believe. So very, very cool.

Oh, and by the way, I consider myself a transgender woman. I'm not very far along, at all. Thus, duality. For now.

Comments

  1. When encountering a new blog, I always look at the inaugural post 'cause that's when the blogger is most sincere, most honest about their goals. This one does.

    Of course we feel a sense of duality when society doesn't recognize us for who we are. No further explanation needed.

    And, yes, blogging can be a wonderful forum for us to express ourselves in ways that aren't easy IRL. It was a blessing to me a decade ago when, after five decades of conformity, I wanted to open myself up. I hope it offers you the same opportunities. I look forward to reading here regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I see you live in Atlanta. One of my closest friends (Jen) lives there and I visit her annually. If you're up for it, we could include you for dinner sometime.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comment here

Popular Posts