Wearing Jeans In Summer

Yesterday, my family and I went to a movie. Jurassic World. It was pretty entertaining, and we enjoyed it.

It was a warm, humid day, as usual, as we prepared to set out. I wanted to wear shorts as a result of the weather. But my publicly-accepted guy shorts weren't available. So I wound up wearing jeans. I was very grateful for AC in the car and theater.

As I put on the jeans as the Plan B, I thought of my nice denim capris and ladies shorts. It was mildly irritating that I couldn't just put either of those on instead. They were definitely available. They are weather appropriate. They aren't really flamboyant. So why didn't wear them?

Fear. Basically that was it. My family doesn't even know I have them. They wouldn't approve. It seems kinda dumb to not wear what I want, especially when it would help beat the heat. But I'm not there yet. Others aren't there yet either. I don't have a point other than to just share the experience. I feel bad for anyone who reads this and has experienced the same kind of thing. None of us are really alone on this stuff. I'd love to see feedback on this topic. Feel free to share in the comments section. Hugs!

Comments

Popular Posts