Don't Wait...Also Don't Hurry

I wrote this yesterday, before things fell apart. Boy, did I see something coming. But why waste a positive message....

I'm not sure if it's just my nature, or something about me that constantly comes out when I consider ideas, or anything, really. I find myself often thinking after I respond to someone, "You always give one answer, but hedge for the opposite answer". Something like that. For instance, if someone were to ask me what I think of their shoes (this rarely happens, to my chagrin; I was born to give opinions on clothing and shoes). I'm likely to take a look, and give my opinion. In what is hopefully a helpful way, even if the shoes don't work. "Those are nice shoes, I love the color and style. But, I can see where others might think they don't look good on you at all. Go with whatever you think, don't worry about what others think".

I seem to always have that thing like "on the other hand..."

Right now, I wanted to write something because I feel quite positive. Earlier, it was less so, and who knows what I'll be like later today. The reason I titled this post as I did was to frame it in such a way to illustrate how I feel right now. My mind is constantly thinking of ways, small and not-so-small, of feeling better mentally and psychically. Making Shannyn come alive! I've been thinking about hair care, and other things like either medical treatments for hormones, or even herbal. All over the place.

I saw yet again that phrase about how you eat an elephant: "one bite at a time" (Thanks, Tanya!). I saw it in article about switching careers, which I'd love to do one day. I guess I am happy because, whereas often I would get so bogged down by the various mountains to climb, or elephants to eat, that I'd get down or just feel like it was hopeless. This same article talked about looking for "little yesses", or experiences that get you down inside to where you can recognize that it felt good. And how each little yes can maybe lead to other yesses, and maybe something significant in the future.

What I took from all that, as I've been working on in my life in general, is to not worry about right now. What's the worst that can happen? Most of the time, nothing too horrible. So, I can do something, or just think something, and maybe it's cool, and maybe nothing comes from it. What have I lost if the upside, in the immediate, is only a little yes? Nothing much.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that I don't need to hurry to change everything all at once, or in a hurry. Some things might never change at all. And I CAN be ok with that. At least, that's how I feel about it now. See how I just did that? I can be ok, but on the other hand.....LOL.

The other end of things that often plagues me is that, in my search to not bite off more than I can chew, to slow down so as to not get overwhelmed, what happens if I am taking my foot off the peddle too much, too often? Should I be concerned that I'm not doing enough to affect the changes I want? Is my non-aggressive personality still harming me, just in a different way?

The answer to that is, I haven't a clue. It seems that it's a delicate balance, one that we all lie with all the time. I don't think the answer can ever be known 100%. When I write here, I speak in first person. I'm talking about me. Some of what I am realizing might be so painfully obvious that someone who reads it, and they think I'm just a very dense, stunned person. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND....and this is my hope, maybe someone reads this and recognizes something of themselves in it, and maybe it turns into their own "little yes".

Sharing really is caring, and I care a great deal. About more than just me. BUT, maybe I care too much. See what I did there??? HAHA. I wish you all well till my next ramblings.

Comments

Popular Posts