Don't Worry, He Said. Be Happy, He Said.

Strange day today, so I will type my way through it. Maybe.

Had a good day yesterday, and woke up feeling positive. Made it to work, and started the day. Then, started to notice my mood shifting. Nothing work-related, that I can tell. Maybe a slow day can be bad for someone like me. I dunno.

I've been kinda just doing my thing most of the day, and have a couple hours to go. I don't feel down, but definitely not up either. Stuck in the middle. Weird.

Friends have been sweet to me this morning, and I feel much love for them. I do feel appreciated by them. I'm certainly blessed in that way. I must be doing something right. These people don't seem otherwise insane, so I guess they like me.

What is my deal, then? The dysphoria is there, as always. Often, it's kinda like trying to paddle upstream. You might make a little progress, but you might slip back. Often, you hold your position. As I try to figure stuff out, and where the future goes from here, I'm having to learn patience. I've mentioned this before. Don't hurry...but don't wait.

The other thing I'm having to learn is to worry less, and do more. That's the trick. How does a person not worry when they are constantly aware that they don't fit into their situation? When you feel like your every move is potential disaster? How do you sit back and say, "it's all good"?

You (and by you, I mean you and definitely ME) don't worry, at least you keep it to a minimum, because it is such a WASTE. You aren't accomplishing anything by sitting and worrying. You should instead (and by you, I mostly mean ME) take on the issues. If you don't succeed, you actually did succeed, because you didn't do nothing. Failure can be a stepping stone to success.

A couple hours ago, while listening to music, good ole Bobby McFerrin came up at random. Unless it wasn't random. I definitely didn't purposely find and play the song. In any event, I heard it. Such a catchy little ditty from thirty years ago. OMG, 30 YEARS AGO.

This song still works today. Listen to this song (link HERE). The lyrics are so simple and so true.

"In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry you make it doubleDon't worry, be happy"

No way I'm going to try to top that. Be well. Love someone. Love yourself, too.

Comments

  1. I often feel "less than happy" when i sit idle. It is not good for me to have nothing to do. I think maybe that's why i procrastinate sometimes and drag things out. I fear not having something to do, and therefore not being useful or necessary. I think your statement that "you did succeed, because you didn't do nothing" is dead on. It aligns very well with my attitude that you (and by you I mean ME) are getting better, simply by virtue of the fact that you WANT to get better. It is only when you cease to care (or try) that you are truly defeated.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment here

Popular Posts