Does Nobody See The Light Except Me?

I just discovered a new (to me) show on Amazon Prime called "Enlightened". I was looking for something different to watch than all the old stuff I've been kinda clinging to lately (like House, M.D.). When you login, you see stuff like "Jack Ryan", and that hasn't appealed to me yet. I read and watched all the Tom Clancy stuff over a long period of time. It's not really resonating with me anymore, the war and politics and junk like that.



So this show seems more on my wavelength. It's about this woman (check), middle-aged (check), who has been through trauma and recovery (check check). The thing I noted is that she has developed through therapy this "enlightened" view of her potential, and the impact it might have. She's kinda a modern hippie. I'm not sure what exactly she was like before the trauma, as I'm only through the first episode. But she doesn't seem to want to be trapped by her past, and wants to have a cheerful outlook on today.

The thing that I think will be interesting is how she tries to have a positive outlook in a world around her that can be so cold and uncaring. In the first episode alone, she tries to men fences with several people, and I get the impression they still see her as this crazy lady who had a breakdown, and now is delusional about the way the world really is.

I'm looking forward to watching more, and see what happens. Like I say, I see some of me in her. I don't want to be negative anymore. I want to be new and happy and different. Like her, I'd like to wear a pretty yellow dress with red heels to work, and contrast to all the drab suits others wear and seem so unhappy in. As with her, the trick seems to be, how to be what you want to be when others aren't accomodating? Doesn't seem easy to me, but it's my desire. I don't want my wife and others to shoot me down when I want to be tender and caring. They'd rather see me be cold and crying, I swear. Stoic and sarcastic and unhappy. It's what they are used to seeing from me. I hate that and want to change it. One way or another, I will.

Comments

  1. I very much want you to be happy too. You're trying. It's the effort that brings the reward!
    But FYI, the Jack Ryan show really is pretty good ;)

    Hugs!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment here

Popular Posts