Fall 2019 Fashion - A Glimpse and A Glance

How about something fun? Do you like to shop? I know I do. For clothes, yeah? ME TOOOOO.


It's difficult to really think about Fall/Autumn when you live in Georgia, USA, where there two seasons are HOT and slightly LESS HOT. We don't really get Fall unless you want to call Winter "Fall". That might work. I hope the 90-degree days are coming to an end for a while. I want to wear some cozy fall fashions!

But, I digress. Let's pretend that Fall is right around the corner like it is for many in the northern climates. I was wondering, what are the trends this year? So, since I'm lazy, I used Google to take a look-see. I'm gonna concentrate on trends for the over-40 crowd, but this, of course, can skew a little younger or older. Never dress your age! But, do dress CLOSE to your age!

Since one should never go by just one opinion as to what's "trendy", I'm looking at two different articles here. I've visited 40plusstyle.com and fountainof30.com many times, and the folks who run those sites seem pretty in tune with what I like, which is basically, every-day clothes for a fashionable woman. Without any further ado, let's see what they chose to spotlight. There is some good and not-so-good here. I'd love to see what my readers think of what I think of these articles. [HINT: leave comments!]

The first item I'm seriously crushing on is CAPES. Oh yes! Why not? Fall means ya gotta start thinking about warmth. Maybe you don't need that heavy overcoat yet, and long-sleeved hoodies or sweaters? Come on, that is so in the PAST. I really like this idea of capes. Both sites I'm focusing on mention capes. Of course, the fashion houses have outlandish examples, but there are some really slick, stylish capes out there for regular folks. Like this:
The one I really like, though, is this one. The whole look is so rockin':
On the other hand, NO. Heck NO:
Another look that caught my eye, just because the lines look so good, is this strong shoulder, trim waist look. Here are a couple outfits that do this well. I especially LOVE the coat on the left. These are from the catwalk, so not always something we'd see available to buy off the rack. The look on the right leans more masculine, but maybe it's just her hair. I love the asymmetrical line at the bottom of the jacket. For a trans person, I'm not sure we want to add to the bulk of the shoulders we have naturally, but outfits like this make me want to give it a try:
Another one I like. I'm big into color. Flowery dresses appeal to me if I'm going to wear a dress. It's an interesting idea to have a flowery look for the evening, but here we are. I think it depends on the wearer and the occasion (or lighting). The first two of these are lovely, the third is a hard NO.
One more item that I spotted in the more casual vein, and therefore appealing to a gal like me: asymmetrical tops. This was similar to the strong shoulder jacket I showed above. I saw some of this look last year but appears to be more of a trend this year.
What do you think? What new trends do you see? I'd love to get some feedback on this post. I don't have a lot of time to devote to fashion, but it's fun to give something like this a whirl.

Articles sourced for this post:
https://40plusstyle.com/fall-2019-trends-the-12-best-trends-for-women-over-40-this-fall/
https://www.fountainof30.com/11-of-the-best-fall-2019-fashion-trends-for-women-over-40/

Comments

  1. Ah, autumn, with the cool mornings, hints of mist, and evenings where it's time to think about wrapping up. Oh, and your makeup isn't at risk of becoming a puddle :-)

    I find the A/W fashions a bit more forgiving, mainly because there's not so much skin on show (which I think can be tricky when you're a part timer/parent).

    I think in a few weeks the stores will dilute the higher fashion pieces to something some of us might be able to do :-) That said, I think it can be a good idea to take one - maybe two - ideas from wears fashionable and play those into your own style. Sometimes, I think we get stuck in a loop chasing trends, when really finding your own look can be more rewarding for your heart and your purse. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. It's fun to notice trends, but frankly I never chase them, just because I can't afford to. If I'm a year or two behind, oh well. Still beats drab clothes by a mile!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. כפכפים לגבר

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon. כפכפים לגבר

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! Pakistani Winter Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Online shopping can give you a great look at all of the latest styles in spring dresses to help you find the right look for you.Lolita fashion

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment here

Popular Posts