Busy Day For The Old Gal

Had a really great day, yesterday. It took some hustle to fit in all the activiies that I was part of, but I accomplished, and can tell you Shannyn felt alive for sure.

It started out with my visiting Kat at her house. It was a "garden day", since she has been quite busy planting and maintaining her efforts. I had seen her on Sunday, and it seemed like a really good thing she was doing for herself, and I wanted to experience that.

She needed to borrow a jigsaw I have to do some building, so I was going to bring it to her the day before, but she suggested that instead we make a day of it. I was definitely down with that.

So we spent time talking as she looked up some info for the garden on Pinterest. We discussed lots of things and I feel even closer to her now. The support from that house is amazing, both Kat and my cousin Bryce. We then spent time in the garden, where I helped by trimming back some old bushes and watered a bunch of her plants. She has some really pretty flowers going, as well as some vegetables.

Turns out she wanted me to have some flowers to take home, so you can see what she put together for me in the picture here. It was very nice of her, as I had just expected to hang out and help her where I could. We got some sunshine and had quality girl time. Mission accomplished. She also trimmed a piece of a pretty coral and orange rose that I loved. I'm hoping to get that growing at my home.

We finished up by my riding with her to pick up her niece from preschool, which was fun. I had been wanting to meet the tyke, and while she was shy, I msanaged to get some smiles before I left. That made me happy. I then hustled home to give my daughter a lift to work, and then onto my next activity.

My son had an inline hockey game (hockey on rollerblades), so I made it to see that. While they lost, my son got a goal, so that was great. This took me to 7:30 PM, and I left from there to meet up with a new friend.

I met a trans lady named Lauren at a Mexican restaurant, and we shared a meal and good talk for a couple of hours. She and I actually have a lot in common as to our plights at the current time, and I think we both shared things about transition that would help the other. I was particularly interested in her work transition that she recently accomplished, and she about how I had come out to friends and family last year.

It was a good visit, and I think we will get together again. I got home at 11 PM and was soon asleep. I thought I would write about here to share my great day with others, and show off the pretty flowers that I now hope will thrive. Which reminds me that it's time to water them. So that's it for now. Thanks for reading.

 

Comments

  1. Sounds like the perfect day! Glad you had quality time with Kat and got a chance to hang out with Lauren ❤️.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment here

Popular Posts