3-year HRT Anniversary

Yesterday, I hit the three year mark. I suppose I should note the occasion. Truth is, there isn't much to say about it. At some point, it just becomes part of life.

I take my estrogen to live. I inject myself with a couple-inch needle once every two weeks in a ritual that goes from "no big deal, get it over with" to "um, procrastinate a day or two?".

It's not fun to inject myself, but it's usually over in less than a minute. I don't enjoy it, it doesn't make me smile, but I do it because I need to. I always notice a distinct lack of energy as I get toward the end of the 2 weeks, but no noticeable bump in energy afterward. I'm sure it helps, but its very subtle, at least to me.

I have other medical conditions that contribute to how I feel, so it's hard to separate what HRT is doing for me after 3 years. I don't feel any changes in my body anymore, and my femininity feels more mental than physical a lot of the time. I wish I could say it's more, but I can't.

All that said, physically I am more feminine than I was before, and that's a great thing. It's nice to be a mentor for others starting out, though I fear I may downplay the enormity of the whole undertaking, more often than not. It really is important to me to make sure girls, especially those older like myself, don't see it as a magic way to a female body.

So that's it. It's amazing to look back to where I was 3 years ago. Sooooooo much has changed, not least of all my state of mind and my body, due in large part to taking HRT. I'm trans and it helps. It works for me!!


Comments

  1. Good landmark for you. Best wishes for your future

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment here

Popular Posts