Always Take Your Purse!

I got myself all femme yesterday and decided to go for lunch. Wasn't a bad look:


Not pictured is my purse, which I did take with me. Putting my wallet and keys in the back pocket of my skirt didn't seem appropriate. My purse is a small crossbody type, so it's not a huge deal to lug around when you aren't used to it. The thing I wasn't used to yesterday was actually eating in a restaurant. I guess I really haven't done so, what with the pandemic and all. I could have; I just didn't.

Anyway, I order my food and get my drink from the drink machine. I sit down and take my purse off my shoulder and set it down. I get to eating and drinking, and suddenly, I'm in need of a refill. Now, the thing is, without a purse, you just get up and go get the refill. Heck, sometimes I will lock my phone and leave it on the table when I'm in guy mode. But I was not about to leave my purse with my wallet and keys in it.

Which just lead to making a mental note about how purse-carrying types have to do that: take it with you. If you are alone, or with someone you don't trust really well to watch it for you. I bet I've seen it on TV or movies a hundred times, "watch my purse" and until you have one to watch, you just don't have to think about it.

I'm probably way more amused by this little anecdote than anyone else, so I will just leave it at that. I quizzed my CD, trans and cis friends after it, and invariably they said it to me: always take your purse!

Comments

Post a Comment

Comment here

Popular Posts