Upswing

I chose a picture of a woman looking up at the sky because lately, I have been feeling more upbeat. I'm a bit disappointed that my last couple of posts have come across as pretty down and negative, and am here to say today that things are improving right now.

In a couple days, I turn 47 years old. Another trip around the sun completed. So much has happened, and not happened, in the last twelve months. As I wrote previously, this summer was rough, but my favorite month, September, has yet again not let me down.   

Since I last wrote, I actually had COVID. I attended a group in early August, and I think I contracted it there. While I had two crappy weeks, filled with fevers, coughing, shivers, sweating, and the like, I was very fortunate to have it not be worse. It's a political thing to talk about the vaccine, and I could be wrong, but I choose to believe getting vaccinated helped me get through the virus. It wasn't fun, but I lived.

Interestingly, while sick, my mood was quite good. I was fortunate to not have to work during that time, and I remember that I stayed positive. The woes of July and early August faded. As they say, all things shall pass. I'll admit I had help, but really it was a case of riding out the bad stuff.

I returned to work at the beginning of September, recovered, refreshed, and re-energized. I have been able to engage better with the work and my co-workers, getting through the learning stages of my newest position in by far the best condition I've been in this year. It's really amazing how I feel now versus a couple of months ago. I feel fortunate and proud. I kept going, even when I felt so low. There is ALWAYS hope.

So that's it, really. I have some big, big challenges ahead before this year ends, but right now I'm facing those without so much fear. Each day comes and goes, and we make the best of it that we can. I often feel like I might be bipolar or something, but you know, it could just be hormones or just life that everyone experiences.

The plan is to keep on keeping on and get through the challenges. Wish me luck. 2022 will be here before we know it, and we owe it to ourselves to find a way to end 2021 on a good note if we can. Feel free to reach out if you are ever feeling low, and I will promise to listen, at a minimum. Quite a few people have stuck with me, and I feel like paying it forward is the least I can do. You're not alone. Keep pushing and appreciate life. It can change on a dime, and we have to be ready.

All the best, 

Shannyn

Comments

  1. Great to hear. Yes we hope to end year on a high note.
    hugs
    vickyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated happy birthday to you. 🙂

    Good to hear things seem to be looking up. I hope that continued for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud of you. Just keep swimming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment here

Popular Posts