A Little More Of Others

For whatever reasons, humans go through a lot during their time on this planet. The human spirit, if you stop to think about it, even for 60 seconds, is beyond belief. With disease, war, work, politics, religion, traffic, mothers, mothers-in-law, young folks, old folks, the trials people face just never ends.

The trials of the gender-confused is just one of many, many, many such ordeals the eight billion of us Earthlings collectively endure. It's good for each of us to realize this. Our issues aren't the only ones happening around us. Despite what the news shows, I still think we do a decent job of supporting our friends, family, and even strangers. Today, I am writing about one such person. A special person who can use a few more positive thoughts sent her way.



Before I lose some of you, this is what I am asking. I want comments added to this blog post, even anonymous ones, that can help prop up a special person who could use propping up. You don't need to say much, but more than ever, a little goes a long way. So, please, COMMENT.

I think someone who has the courage to not only recognize their true self, their identity, but to actually take the steps toward making that true self come to the light, is extraordinary. I met such a peson back in early April of this year. A very small number of people strike me in such a way as that I get a special feeling about them, and this friend is one them. Although, like many, I've not ever met her in person. I hope I do, one day.

She showed up in the electronic watering hole I tend to frequent, very quietly and umassuming. I don't remember exactly how it went down, but quickly I did my Shannyn thing and made sure she was introduced and made to feel welcome. I greet many people, but this girl just impacted me. I don't know how else to say it. And my new, special friend had a simple question: should she begin a transition to become the woman she knows she is inside.

Long story short, we chatted amongst the group and privately that night, and she was covinced that her instincts were right. She went for it, just like that. Went to the doc, got hormones, etc. To me, it was sudden, and I was amazed that one night's chat with strangers would turn someone's life so suddenly. What I didn't realize was that she was headed that way anyway, and we just provided some extra validation. She knew her own heart.

She still knows her own heart, and I know that will shine through. You see, I just found out she's had a setback. One I know very little about so far, but nevertheless seems significant to me. I know she questioned the decision to transition, and stopped the process to an extent. I won't give the details I know, since it's between us, but she did say "dysphoria sucks". Anyone that has it certainly knows that it's true.

Reading her brief message yesterday has had my heartstrings pounding. I offered encouragement and my own support to her via my reply. I want to just fix it for her. I want to fix it for anyone who has gender dysphoria. I felt small and powerless. I still do. It finally came to me this evening that maybe, just maybe, if I wrote about my special friend, and others saw it, and they wrote something too, that we could be her strength as she moves forward.

Maybe it isn't even needed. Like I say, I don't know the details too well, yet. But I'm optimistic that things have turned towards the better again. In case they aren't, I want this community, the people who enjoy my blog, to come together and lift this person up. People with dysphoria aren't alone. But sometimes we need to bear witness that we aren't.

Thank you for reading. Please, please, pretty please (with sprinkles) leave a comment here in support of a sweet, special trans girl. Doesn't matter if you know her name or not. Kind words have a way of coming back around. Spread some love.

Comments

  1. Shannyn....always love Your writing and posts.......they are sincere and insightful....Hugs, and TY for sharing....suzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good friend of mine used to say, "A breakdown is quite often a breakthrough."

    There is truth to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always enjoyed coming here. KT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment here

Popular Posts