Walk Of Life

Let's see. I'm sitting here at the edge of a pool, letting my legs get wet. Not a smart idea to write a log underwater, I suppose. So I'll sit on the sideline. Seems appropriate, in a way.

Today marks the start of the second half of the last year of the decade of the "teens". I think some people count the last year of the decade as the one ending in zero, like 2020. But I'm not buying that 20 is part of the teens. 2010 I can see as being a teen. Anyway, I digress. This post might ramble a bit.

In fact it has rambled right into the next day, where I'm resuming...something.

Before being at the pool, I had gotten back to my walking in the early morning, before the humidity got unbearable and I got burned to a crisp. Georgia heat'll do that to a pale face like me. I walked just after 7 AM until about 8:30 or so. I hadn't walked in a week, because for whatever reason, I was very sore and feeling a bit rundown. I missed my walking goal for June, and wanted to get going again in July to make up for it.

Regarding the soreness...a couple weeks ago, I had driven for like 18 hours one day to make some extra money, and the week following that I couldn't quite get back on track, but I did walk. Then, the next weekend, I had moved a lot of furniture. I have never been a very physically strong person, but that really did me in. It shouldn't have, but it did.

I wound up going to the doctor to see what was up, and while by the time I had my appointment, I was feeling better, the PA did mention that maybe the hormones were dehydrating me, and that I should drink more water. I guess that's the message here. Hormones might dehydrate you, should you begin taking them. Then again, maybe they made me weaker, and the aforementioned humidity did it's regular job on a fairly weak person to begin with.

Back to the walking. I have a couple pairs of ladies tight capri pants used to exercise. One pair is black and white, the other black and grey (I'm still staying incognito with the colors, sadly). Anyway, I wore a pair, because I just wanted to. I knew there would be people walking in the park, but I guess I didn't care if they saw me and thought it was weird.

I did my regular two laps around the place, and passed quite a few people multiple times. Most were friendly and said hello, as they normally do. Though I'm shy and don't say much, I always try to make eye contact and not be rude. Most people are friendly enough to acknowledge your existence in a park. And they did. There were a few that didn't, including a couple middle-aged ladies that kinda had a negative look on their faces.

I wondered if they were offended by my pants, but I didn't care too much. They say cis women judge trans people the most. Anyway, no matter. I did what I wanted, and don't think I destroyed any worlds while doing it.

Otherwise, a couple thing about wearing these pants. I need to study other women about this, because I had a few things I noticed that wouldn't have been an issue in guy shorts. First, I drove to the park, and therefore needed my license. This meant I had no pockets for it. Or my keys. I locked the wallet in the car, and just carried the keys. It was kinda beneficial in a way, having my keys in my hand, because the third thing was what to do with my phone while walking.

I normally am looking at my phone the whole time. My upper back had been sore, so I thought, maybe I should enjoy the walk more and not be looking at the phone. Less hunching over. So I put on a podcast (WTF with Marc Maron, guest Steven Dorff) and just walked. But I had nowhere for my phone. I ended up sticking it in the waist band of my pants, which worked just fine. The walk was very pleasant, I enjoyed the chat the two men had on the podcast, I smiled and said hello to other park people that I passed, and it was nice.

I'm not exactly sure why I'm writing this, it's probably very boring to read. But, I enjoy it. It's kinda me at this moment. Enjoying the little things maybe a tiny bit more. Getting outside. Exercising. Having positive thoughts. Expressing myself as I see fit. You might say, walking through life. Yup, I said it. Groan. She HAD to go there.

As I leave you, I wonder, did you read this post and have the old Dire Straits song in your head like I have? If not, let's link to it here. I still think it's a good song. Don't @ me. LOL.


Comments

  1. Walking clears my mind too. I am glad you got out and enjoyed your morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Good to hear from you, Thomas!

      Delete
    2. Good for you Shannyn. I think walking is one of the best forms of exercise. It leaves my mind freer for thought and seeing the world around me.

      I have just started wearing woman's clothing when I am out. Part of my plan to slowly transition. I am wearing nothing too noticeable, and my girlfriend agrees, but it additive. Like I now go out walking and to the store in my leggings. Mine have pockets, but do not fit as much as my old guy clothes. I working towards going out dolled up and in more feminine looking clothing than leggings.

      I want to encourage you to keep up the walking.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it something not to have pockets when going on walks and trips!?
    Sometimes I've wedged things in my bra, or band of yogapants if around the house. Hug, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. My latest discovery in this vein, is that if you're gonna use a ladies wallet, you need a purse too. It's weird to use a little wallet and have nowhere to put it besides your pocket where your male wallet would go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment here

Popular Posts