Yellow Skirt: Postscript

Hey, it's me again. Just a quick one, as follow-up to my previous post, "Yellow Skirt". I suggest reading that one in order for this to make the most sense.



I was watching a good old 1980's movie tonight on Amazon Prime, "The Accused", starring Jodie Foster and Kelly McGillis. It's a great movie about a horrible subject. Let me say first that in no way am I making light of the movie or what happened to Foster's character in the movie. I just happened to notice something that ties to my past, something that ties to my origin story.

In the movie, in the scenes where the horribleness occurs, she is wearing a skirt that I think is pretty much exactly like the one I bought and wore, right around that same time. Here is a pic of her in it:


My memory tells me that it looked so much like this. I've tried in the past to Google for images of such a skirt, but never found one that seemed to match up. This one looks like the right color, the right length, everything. I know mine had one button, zipped in front, seem all the way down the front, made of regular denim (not stretchy). You can't see the back, but in the movie you could, and it has a small slit. At first, I thought, no mine didn't have a slit, but I thought some more, and it very likely did.

Anyone else have a skirt like that, around that time? It was around 1986-87, right before stuff like acid-wash and stone-wash that came into vogue for young people. I'd love to hear from you if you did.

Comments

Popular Posts